[mpich-discuss] mpif.h in mpich2

Ahmad Ali ahmad.ali at utmail.net
Fri Jul 31 06:13:53 CDT 2009

I have installed mpich2 by following the steps mentioned in the user guide
document. I can run example programs as well. However, i am trying to run
NPB  benchmarks and when i try to compile them, i get an error that

"Cannot find mpif.h"

I have seen the include folder of mpich2 installation directory and there is
no such file.... So where is this file located? Shouldnt this file get
installed after mpich2 installation

I have also seen /usr/include but couldnt find mpif.h

*More Information:
*
My fortran compiler is gfortran. I have set all the environment variables
for F77 and F90.
I have installed mpich2 with different options such as

./configure --enable-f90 --enable-f77 --enable-mpe
-prefix=/export/home/ahmad/mpich2-install/

But its not working [there is no mpif.h file genereted in the include
folder]

Any help on this issue is appreciated