[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 on Windows Server

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 30 13:08:29 CDT 2009

 Hi,
  Once you have MPICH2 installed on a windows machine, the process manager
is already installed/running on the machine (No specific configurations
required). The firewall may block connections to the machine, so make sure
firewall is turned off (or use appropriate rules as mentioned in the
windows developer's guide -
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/index.php?s=
docs) on the machines.
 You can use a machinefile to provide information on the nodes used to
launch your MPI job. In your case you can create a machinefile, say
mf.txt, containing the text "G-server:8" and launch your job using the
"-machinefile" option of mpiexec (mpiexec -machinefile mf.txt -n 8
cpi.exe).
 Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Jayesh