[mpich-discuss] thread MPI calls

Marcelo Tomim marcelot at ece.ubc.ca
Thu Jul 30 11:38:23 CDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

I have some experience in installing MPICH2 on a linux cluster.
However,  I am having a hard time to understand how to properly
configure MPICH2  on a SMP machine (8 processors) running on Windows
Server 2003.
So far I was able install the MPICH2 Windows binaries and compile the
pi-calculation program. Everything seems fine until I execute the
program with the mpiexec. At the excution time mpiexec hangs for a few
seconds and then returns an error saying that the node refused the
connection.
I am also missing the cluster configuration file, which contains the
information about the host name and the number of processors associated
with it (in our case "G-server:8"). Is it still necessary for the
Windows installation?

I would extremely appreciate any help on these issues.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Regards,
Marcelo Tomim.