[mpich-discuss] mpich2 and pvfs2 error

Dorian Krause ddkrause at uni-bonn.de
Fri Jul 24 08:53:48 CDT 2009

Rob Latham wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 02:45:53PM +0200, Dorian Krause wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> there has been a lot discussion of discussion concerning pvfs2 and
>> mpich2/romio on this list but I couldn't find a hint for the following
>> problem:
>>
>> I'm working on a CentOs Rocks-distribution cluster and we have the pvfs2
>> roll installed (which basically set's up a pvfs2 2.7.1). The output of
>> pvfs2-ping shows that everything should work find and I can use all the
>> unix commands like ls, touch, ...
>>
>> However, MPI-IO fails:
>>

> Which version of MPICH do you have installed?  the PVFS api changed
> and you might need to apply the attached patch to src/mpi/romio
>
> ==rob

I'm using the most recent 1.1.1 version. I only installed it to test the
pvfs2 setup since I expected the ROMIO version to be the most recent.
Looking at ad_pvfs2.h it seems that the patch you attached seems to be
already included:

#ifdef PVFS2_VERSION_MAJOR
#include "pvfs2-compat.h"
#endif

void ADIOI_PVFS2_Open(ADIO_File fd, int *error_code);
void ADIOI_PVFS2_Close(ADIO_File fd, int *error_code);

Thanks,
Dorian