[mpich-discuss] Please Help Me! - Unable to register username/password with mpiexec on windows

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 22 10:27:17 CDT 2009

Hi,
 Are you trying to run your MPI job on a remote machine ? If so, you need
to make sure that the user exists (nika) on the remote machine, has the
same password and that you have registered the username/password (for
nika) on that machine.
 Also, you should not be specifying the hostname without the "-host" or
"-hosts" option (see the windows developer's guide for details -
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/index.php?s=
docs). If you are running the MPI job on the same machine, you don't have
to specify the hostname at all (the default host is localhost, eg:
"mpiexec -verbose -n 1 D:\Program Files\MPICH2\examples\cpi " should
work).

 Let us know the results (As before, copy-paste the output).

Regards,
Jayesh

  _____