[mpich-discuss] MPICH2-1.1 or 1.0.8p1 build failure

Sangamesh B forum.san at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 03:45:38 CDT 2009

Did you compile with "make -j N", where N is an integer?  This type of
error can happen when building MPICH2 in parallel.  Unfortunately the
MPICH2 build isn't currently compatible with parallel make.  We are
working on it currently and hope to make this capability available in
the MPICH2-1.1.2 timeframe.

Yes you are right. I had given make -j 4.
Without -j 4 it got compiled successfully.

If you did a serial build then there is probably some other problem.
If this is the case, can you send us the config.log, c.txt, and m.txt
(with VERBOSE=1) as described in the MPICH2 README file in the source
distribution.

Is there a way to check whether Makefile support parallel?

Thanks

-Dave