[mpich-discuss] Fw: unable to start all procs

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 21 09:21:50 CDT 2009

Hello Sima,

Please don't spam several MPICH2 mailing lists at once.  It won't get
you help with your problem any faster and it has the potential to
cause minor problems with some of our automated mail processing
software that a person has to go in and clean up by hand.

As to your problem, please use mpdboot to start mpd daemons on all of
your nodes as described in the Quick Start section of the MPICH2
Installer's Guide:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2staging/balaji/mpich2/documentation/files/mpich2-1.1-installguide.pdf

Specifically, step 13 shows an example of the mpdboot command,
although you should make sure to read and follow all of the steps in
that section.

-Dave