[mpich-discuss] Installing MPICH2-1.0.5p3 in a SMP cluster

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 16 09:23:45 CDT 2009

1.0.5p3 is an ancient version of MPICH2. We are at mpich2-1.1 right now,
and will release 1.1.1 in a day or two.

With respect to the CPU usage, it's too difficult to diagnose this
problem with just information on the CPU usage. Can you try profiling
your application using MPE (and view the profile with Jumpshot). It'll
show you if there are any unnecessary stalls in MPI (e.g., waiting for
data to arrive).

  -- Pavan