[mpich-discuss] Problem when using the configuration: --enable-hydra-procbind

dongjianbo dongjianbo at ict.ac.cn
Tue Jul 14 21:45:24 CDT 2009

Hi, all
    I am a new mpich2-1.1 user. I want to bind processes/threads to specific processors on a 2 way SMP machine running Ubuntu OS.
    I configured mpich2-1.1 with: --with-pm=hydra, mpiexec works well, but processes could not be binded to the processor I have designated.
    When using option: --enable-hydra-procbind, MPI programs execution error.

    Anyone has any suggestions how can I figure out the problem, and get the processes binding working correctly.  Thanks!

2009-07-15

dongjianbo