[mpich-discuss] executing time

bob ilgner bobilgner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 10:49:32 CDT 2009

hi, late at night here and forgot to include my timings also done on a 2
core PC:

1 Node(-n 1 i.e no comms)
Master wall clock time 0.074823

2 Node(-n 2)
Master wall clock time 0.041086

4 Node(-n 4)
Master Wall clock time 0.047954

8 Node(-n 8)
Master Wall clock time 0.062776

Which is what I would expect from a 2 core machine. I imagine that there is
an increase for n>2 as we have additional comms overhead.

regards, bob