[mpich-discuss] mpiconfig error

Lubomir Radev lubomirr at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 7 22:02:28 CDT 2009

Using MPICH2 1.1 on Windows 7 RC, I'm getting wmpiconfig error "MPICH2 not installed or unable to query the host". I've registered my local account (MACHINE\User) for smpd access with wmpiregister. I installed MPICH2 with installation option "for this user only" into my home directory (C:\Users\User). I have administrator privileges.

Any clues?

During the installation, at UAC prompt I was asked which networks do I authorize smpd to have access to - private or/and public, and I chose private only. Could that be the culprit?

Thanks