[mpich-discuss] Infiniband support on Windows

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 2 13:38:02 CDT 2009

Hi,

>> 1) Does the latest Windows version of MPICH-2 support IB channel
selection ? ...

  No. The latest version of MPICH2 does not have support for IB. Support
for IB on windows is slated for a future release.

>> 2) Does this MPICH-2 support "One Sided Communication" with  ...

  It should. However since MPICH2 on windows does not have support for IB
we currently don't take advantage of the RDMA features of IB.

  If you want to use IB you have two options,

# Use MSMPI (Microsoft's MPI -
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb524831(VS.85).aspx)
# Use Intel's MPI (use rdma channel -
http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-mpi-library/)

(PS: Both Intel's MPI and Microsoft's MPI are derived from MPICH2)

Regards,
Jayesh

  _____