[mpich-discuss] padb: A lightweight job inspection tool.

Ashley Pittman ashley at pittman.co.uk
Wed Jul 1 10:25:52 CDT 2009

All,

I'd like to announce the availability of a open-source "job inspection
tool" for helping diagnose problems with parallel programs.  It's a
lightweight command-line tool which among other things can display stack
traces and MPI message queues from parallel jobs.

Padb is a stable open-source product which used to be developed in-house
at Quadrics and is now available to a wider audience, I've recently
ported it to mpd so it can run natively on MPICH2 clusters.

It features include the ability to display stack traces, MPI message
queues and process state (a job-wide "top" like interface) across many
thousands of cores.

Padb is released under the LGPL and is available for download from
http://padb.pittman.org.uk

I'd be happy to answer any questions or listen to any feedback you may
have either on of off list.

Ashley Pittman,

--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.