[mpich-discuss] MPICH2-1.0.8 performance issues on Opteron Cluster

Darius Buntinas buntinas at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 5 11:15:55 CST 2009

James, Dmitry,

Would you be able to try the latest alpha version of 1.1?

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/tarballs/1.1a2/src/mpich2-1.1a2.tar.gz

Nemesis is the default channel in 1.1, so you don't have to specify
--with-device= when configuring.

Note that if you have more than one process and/or thread per core,
nemesis won't perform well.  This is because nemesis does active polling
(but we expect to have a non-polling option for the final release).  Do
you know if this is the case with your apps?

Thanks,
-d