[mpich-discuss] unable to connect ?

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 25 13:59:16 CST 2009

 Hi,

# Can you ping the machines from each other ?
# Make sure that you have the same version of MPICH2 installed on both the
machines.
# Do you have any firewalls (windows, third-party) running on the machines
(Turn off any firewalls running on the machines)?
# Make sure that you have the MPICH2 process manager, smpd.exe, running as
a service on both the machines (To check the status of the process manager
type, smpd -status, at the command prompt).
# Before trying to execute an MPI program like cpi.exe, try executing a
non-MPI program like hostname on the machines (mpiexec -hosts 2 10.0.0.10
10.0.0.13 hostname).

 Let us know the results.

(PS: In your reply please copy-paste the commands and the output)
Regards,
Jayesh