[mpich-discuss] Fatal error in MPI_Test: Invalid MPI_Request

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Mon Feb 23 11:32:25 CST 2009

Hi Samir, list

I am wondering if the mpicxx and mpiexec you are using
belong to the same MPICH2 build (considering the problems you
reported before).

What is the output of "which mpicxx" and "which mpiexec"?

You may want to use full path names to mpicxx and mpiexec,
as Anthony Chan recommended in another email.
Problems with PATH and multiple versions and builds of MPI
that hang around all Linux computers
has been an endless source of frustration for many.
I myself prefer to use full path names when I am testing
MPI programs, to avoid any confusion and distress.

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa
Gustavo Correa
Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA