[mpich-discuss] About mpich-1.2.7p1 cluster

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Fri Feb 13 10:20:31 CST 2009

bhavin gurjar wrote:
> Sir ,
>
> i m trying mpich from 15 days. but still i couldn't get it. i know
> everything about your material "using MPICH to build a small private
> Bewoulf Cluster" that's releaes in september 20th 2002.
>

> we are working in fedora 10 as well as fedora 9 to setup of this
> cluster. up to remote copy comand i will done in 1 hours in 3 nodes.
> In different system i had run up to rpc command 10 times or more.
> after i don't get it . Mpirun command is not executed. there are any
> ssh configuration ? pls help.
>

> Thanks.
> --
> Bhavin Gurjar
> MTech,
> Nirma University,
> Ahmedabad
> Gujarat,India

Hi Bhavin & list

mpich-1.2.7p1 is old and, as far as I know,
no longer maintained.
A number of people reported to have problems with it
on recent Linux kernels, which you probably
have on Fedora 9 and 10.

The best thing to do is to install MPICH2,
with the "nemesis" channel (not the default "sock" channel).
That is what the MPICH developers recommend.
The current version of MPICH2 is 1.0.8.

Here is the link for download, documentation, etc:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/

I hope this helps.

Gus Correa