[mpich-discuss] mpiexec kills the remote login shell

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 3 16:57:18 CST 2009

 Hi,
# Can you run non-MPI programs using mpiexec (mpiexec -n 2 hostname) ?
# Can you compile and run the hello world program (examples/hellow.c)
provided with MPICH2 (mpiexec -n 2 ./hellow)?
# How did you start smpd (the command used to start smpd) ? How did you
run your MPI job (the command used to run your job)?
# How did you find that mpiexec kills the sshd process (We typically ssh
to unix machines and run mpiexec without any problems) ?

 Can you run smpd/mpiexec in debug mode and provide us with the outputs
(smpd -d / mpiexec -n 2 -verbose hostname) ?

Regards,
Jayesh