[mpich-discuss] MPI and threaded communication

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Feb 1 18:11:17 CST 2009

Currently, they'll be serialized by an internal lock, but we are working
on finer-grained locking mechanisms which will allow them to transmit in
parallel. We plan to have this in the 1.1 release, but the nightly
snapshots should have a basic preview if you want to try it out (i.e.,
one lock that is used in a fine-grained manner). A multi-lock version
will come in the next beta release of 1.1.

  -- Pavan