[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 on AIX

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Dec 13 18:00:13 CST 2009

On 12/13/2009 04:13 PM, Eric Sun wrote:
> For src/openpa/src/Makefile, if I don't modify, I got:
>         ar cru libopa.a opa_primitives.o opa_queue.o
> ar: 0707-126 opa_primitives.o is not valid with the current object file
> mode.
>         Use the -X option to specify the desired object mode.
> So, the AR="ar -X64" set in the configure line didn't apply to this
> directory.

Hmm.. Can you create a ticket for this with more details on your system
configuration: https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/newticket

> For the main Makefile, if I don't modify the "INSTALL=confdb/install-sh"
> line by giving the full path, it complains confdb/install-sh not found.

Can you attach your config.log and c.txt to the above ticket for this part?

> Regarding the network problem, I'll try your suggestions. BTW, for a
> single SMP machine, gforker and hydra, which one is more suited?

Either one would be fine, but hydra is the preferred process manager.
This will be the default process manager in the mpich2-1.3 series anyway.

 -- Pavan