[mpich-discuss] MPI Conditional Compile

Gulshan Singh sgulshan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 09:51:30 CST 2009

I am an MPI user. I am using Intel fortran on unix to develop and run my
codes.
This e-mail is to ask if it is possible to write a code with conditional
compile. In this if the MPI flag is on then the executable is MPI based and
can run on multiple processors. But if the flag is not on (off) then the
executable has nothing to do with MPI. The executable should run on a
computer when MPI is not even installed.

Therefore, is it possible? If so then where can I find information about it.

Gulshan