[mpich-discuss] Installation problems: More details

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 20 10:43:44 CDT 2009

 Hi,
  To run your MPI job across machines you need to make sure that all the
machines have the same version of MPICH2 (However your current pblm is not
that...).
  Try uninstalling MPICH2 manually (from Add/Remove programs) on all the
systems ? Install MPICH2 1.1.1p1 on all the systems. Let us know if it
works.

(PS: Always try to make a restore point before manually editing your
registry entries, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756. Meanwhile, you
should find MPICH related entries in the following reg directories,

{{{

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MPICH

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MPICH2

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MPICH

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ =>
This directory will contain a directory (a unique GUID) containing MPICH2
uninstall info.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Service\mpich2_smpd

}}}

)

Regards,
Jayesh