[mpich-discuss] fmpich2 lib not found with g95

Heming Xu heming_ at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:44:02 CDT 2009

I installed the latest g95 and MPICH2 (binary distribution) on Vista and set path and library path correctly. when only compiling,

g95 -c hello.f90 -Ic:\Progra~1\MPICH2\include

works fine but

g95 -o hello hello.o -l:c:\Progra~1\MPICH2\lib\fmpich2.lib

gives multiple messages saying

undefined reference to '_mpi_init__', '_mpi_send__', etc

It seems the library does not include the subroutines. Other libraries mpi.lib,etc are the same.

Do I have to configure MPICH2 in window?

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Heming