[mpich-discuss] Please help me

Dorian Krause ddkrause at uni-bonn.de
Fri Aug 7 12:41:09 CDT 2009

Okay, as I said before sending a single vector is not hard, you just need to

1. Create a derived datatype for AGENT using MPI_Type_struct
2. Call MPI_Send(&agent[0][0], ...)

If you now want to send all the 100 vectors at once you could

1. Create a derived datatype for AGENT using MPI_Type_struct
2. Create a derived datatype for your array of vectors to account for
the class header stuff which is in between the data; again
MPI_Type_struct might do the trick ...

I never used nested derived datatypes and can not comment on the
performance of this approach. I always like to use derived datatypes but
simply copying data to a contiguous buffer is also a possibility if
memory is not a concern here ...

Hope this helps.
Dorian