[mpich-discuss] how to compile mpich using cygwin and msvc

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 7 09:16:53 CDT 2009

Hi,
 I am not sure I completely understand your situation. There are three
ways in which you can compile MPI programs on windows,

1) Install MPICH2 using the windows installers available at
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/index.php?s=down
loads .
    1.1) You can now compile MPI programs using the libraries, *.lib, with
MS Visual Studio compiler
    1.2) You can install Cygwin on your windows machine and use the gcc
libs, *.a, with gcc

2) You can install Cygwin on your windows machine. You can now download
MPICH2 source from
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/index.php?s=down
loads and configure/make/make_install .

 Let us know in detail what you are trying to achieve (which of the above
scenarios you use) so that we can help you.

Regards,
Jayesh
  _____