[mpich-discuss] mpif.h in mpich2

Ahmad Ali ahmad.ali at utmail.net
Sat Aug 1 02:22:12 CDT 2009

Thankyou Anthony , Rajeev ..

i tried again and it has generated the mpif.h in mpich2-install/include/

however, my command testing comes out as follows:

ahmad at barq:~> mpd &
[1] 879
ahmad at barq:~> /export/home/ahmad/mpich2-install/bin/mpdlib.py:8:
DeprecationWarning: The popen2 module is deprecated.  Use the subprocess
module.
  import sys, os, signal, popen2, socket, select, inspect
/export/home/ahmad/mpich2-install/bin/mpdlib.py:15: DeprecationWarning: the
md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
  from  md5       import  new as md5new

okay so i know the warnings can be suppressed, so from now on im going to
replace that output with *DeprecationWarning* instead

ahmad at barq:~> mpdtrace
*DeprecationWarning*
barq

then i run
>mpdallexit

now i know the warnings are fine, and can be suppressed. but my mpdboot does
not seem to be running

i have 5 nodes specified in the machines file, it gives a warning when i go
over it ( -n 8 ).. but does not start deamons even when im
within limits ( -n 4 )

ahmad at barq:~> mpdboot -n 8 -f ./mpd.hosts
*DeprecationWarning*
totalnum=8  numhosts=5
there are not enough hosts on which to start all processes

I do not understand this error, and the number at the end of the output
keeps changing every time i try this.

ahmad at barq:~> mpdboot -n 4 -f ./mpd.hosts
/export/home/ahmad/mpich2-install/bin/mpdboot:56: DeprecationWarning: The
popen2 module is deprecated.  Use the subprocess module.
  from popen2   import Popen4, Popen3, popen2
/export/home/ahmad/mpich2-install/bin/mpdlib.py:15: DeprecationWarning: the
md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
  from  md5       import  new as md5new
*mpdboot_barq (handle_mpd_output 399): from mpd on barq, invalid port info:*
/export/home/ahmad/mpich2-install/bin/mpdlib.py:8: DeprecationWarning: The
popen2 module is deprecated.  Use the subprocess module.
  import sys, os, signal, popen2, socket, select, inspect
/export/home/ahmad/mpich2-install/bin/mpdlib.py:15: DeprecationWarning: the
md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
  from  md5       import  new as md5new
*42348*

I then decided to buckle up and manually start mpd on some of my nodes by
ahmad at barq:~>mpd &
(output not shown)

and then individually starting mpd on other nodes with > mpd -h barq -p
<port_nu> &

finally ..my mpdtrace shows:

ahmad at barq:~> mpdtrace
*DeprecationWarning*
barq
chenab7
chenab6
chenab4
chenab2

which should mean that mpd is successfully running on 5 of my nodes

just to check:
ahmad at chenab2:~/tau-2.18.2p4/examples/NPB3.2-MPI/bin> mpdringtest 10000
*DeprecationWarning*
time for 10000 loops = 7.09382605553 seconds

however rank check returns:
ahmad at chenab2:~/tau-2.18.2p4/examples/NPB3.2-MPI/bin> mpiexec -l -n 8 barq
*DeprecationWarning*
problem with execution of barq  on  chenab7:  [Errno 13] Permission denied
problem with execution of barq  on  barq:  [Errno 13] Permission denied
problem with execution of barq  on  chenab2:  [Errno 13] Permission denied
problem with execution of barq  on  chenab4:  [Errno 13] Permission denied
problem with execution of barq  on  chenab6:  [Errno 13] Permission denied
problem with execution of barq  on  barq:  [Errno 13] Permission denied
problem with execution of barq  on  chenab7:  [Errno 13] Permission denied
problem with execution of barq  on  chenab2:  [Errno 13] Permission denied

im really confused with this output really ..
why doesnt mpdboot run in the first place (my .mpd.conf file is okay)
and why do i have the permission denied error ?

im attatching the ./configure and make output that you guys asked for

thanks for bearing with me .. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ahmad