[mpich-discuss] Is MPICH2 connection failure aware ?

Seifer Lin seiferlin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 00:30:58 CDT 2009

Hi all:

I have run 2 MPI tasks in 2 different nodes. (2 nodes are with Windows XP
Professional)

The mpiexec command is run on node1.

During the parallel computing, if I unplug the network wire of node1, the
parallel computing will crash.

But if I unplug the network wire of node2, the parallel computing just
hangs! I notice that the hanging results from
that I unplug the wire before a MPI_Barrier, therefore node1 waits at
MPI_Barrier, but node2 will never reach that point.

Is there any mechanism to make the parallel computing crash after the
network wire of node2 is unplugged ?

regards,

Seifer