[mpich-discuss] libmpich.so not found

Christopher Tanner christopher.tanner at gatech.edu
Thu Sep 25 07:50:22 CDT 2008

Thanks for quick response! I have one issue though:

We are running some Fortran applications that haven't been able to be
compiled by gfortran so we had to use the Intel Fortran compiler
(ifort). However, since MPICH2 doesn't support shared libraries with
icc yet, I just used gcc to build the shared libraries. Thus the
configure command looks like:

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mpi/mpich2 --enable-f77 --enable-f90
--enable-cxx --enable-dynamiclibs --enable-sharedlibs=gcc --enable-
fast=defopt CC=icc CFLAGS=-m64 CXX=icpc CXXFLAGS=-m64 F77=ifort
FFLAGS=-m64 F90=ifort F90FLAGS=-m64

This resulted in some make errors -- the make output is attached
(make.log) and the error occurs at the end of the file. Is this make
error a result of using the Intel compilers or of trying to use
different C compilers for the executables and the shared libraries?

Chris Tanner
Space Systems Design Lab
Georgia Institute of Technology
christopher.tanner at gatech.edu