[mpich-discuss] libmpich.so not installed?

Christopher Tanner christopher.tanner at gatech.edu
Wed Sep 24 21:27:48 CDT 2008

Hi all -

I need the library libmpich.so.0.1 in order to run some of my
applications. Doing a 'locate libmpich.*' came up with nothing. After
looking in the install.log (generated when I installed MPICH2), I saw
these lines:

if [ -s lib/libmpich.so ] ; then false --mode=install lib/libmpich.so /
usr/local/lib/libmpich.so ; fi
if [ -s lib/libpmpich.so ] ; then false --mode=install lib/
libpmpich.so /usr/local/lib/libpmpich.so ; fi
if [ -s lib/libfmpich.so ] ; then false --mode=install lib/
libfmpich.so /usr/local/lib/libfmpich.so ; fi
if [ -s lib/libmpichcxx.so ] ; then false --mode=install lib/
libmpichcxx.so /usr/local/lib/libmpichcxx.so ; fi

I'm not exactly sure what these mean, but was I supposed to specify
something else on the 'configure' line in order for MPICH2 to install
these libraries? Thanks!

Chris Tanner
Space Systems Design Lab
Georgia Institute of Technology