[mpich-discuss] BUILDING MPICH2 under Windows x64

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 19 14:47:38 CDT 2008

 Hi,
  If you want to use MPICH2 (develop MPI apps) on windows you can install
MPICH2 using the installer available at the MPICH2 downloads webpage
(http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/index.php?s=dow
nloads). The MPICH2 install includes binaries for the job launcher,
process manager and the libs to build your MPI application.
  If you would like to perform development (modify) on MPICH2 code, to
build MPICH2 on windows you need to run the configure script for windows
(winconfigure.wsf) and run the build batch file (build.bat available in
the winbuild directory).

Building MPICH2 from source on windows
1) Obtain the MPICH2 source from the MPICH2 downloads page
(http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/index.php?s=dow
nloads).
   -- If you download MPICH2 source from the SVN repository, run
"maint/updatefiles" before running windows configure script.
2) Run the windows configure script,
      cscript winconfigure.wsf --cleancode
3) Build MPICH2
      build.bat

  From the error message it looks like you don't have the complete MPICH2
source. Make sure that you download the MPICH2 source from the MPICH2
downloads page.
  Let us know if you need further help.

Regards,
Jayesh