[mpich-discuss] Unable to connect issue

bob ilgner bobilgner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 06:53:17 CDT 2008

I have installed mpich2 1.0.7 on 2 XP Pro hosts and am trying to run the cpi
process on both hosts with the command

mpiexec -hosts 2 images17 images17 cpi

where images16 and images17 are the hosts and cpi is the supplied example
application and get the error:

abort: unable to connect to images16

I have checked passwords and regsitration is the same on both hosts.
Firewalls are both down. Host names defined in hosts file under system32. I
have ensured that smpd is operating on both machines. Usernames and password
are the same on both hosts and have both been delegated. I have gone through
the mpich2 user manual and find no way forward with this. Is there anything
else I could try ?

Would it help if I listed the output from the mpiexec with the verbose
switch on.

Regards, bob