[mpich-discuss] Need help with "Error while loading shared libraries" when starting MPIRUN

Alex Loh alexloh80 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 19:49:12 CDT 2008

Hi all,
I have an MPI program which runs well with -np 1, but when I try to run it
in parallel (-np 2), it crashes with the message:

"error while loading shared libraries: libcode_unified.so.2: cannot open
p0_26145:  p4_error: Child process exited while making connection to remote
process on <hostname>: 0
p0_26145: (2.105343) net_send: could not write to fd=4, errno = 32"

libcode_unified.so.2 is a library that my program needs in order to run.

I read that this is related to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but I am sure that my
environment is set correctly. I have it exported in .bash_profile which I
believe works for non-interactive logins. I have also wrote small test
programs to echo the value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH and these display the correct
path to find the library file. My small test programs (that don't use
libraries) also run well in parallel.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Alex Loh.