[mpich-discuss] RE: Questions about connecting other computers (using other CPUs)

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 2 09:48:48 CDT 2008

Hi,

>>>,,, mpiexec -n 2 -machinfile machine.txt BLACKBOX...

 You should run "mpiexec -n 2 -machinefile machine.txt hostname" (the last
parameter should be the executable name)

>>> ...Credintals for HTHWANG\OEM User rejected connecting to BLACKBOX...

 You should make sure that you have the same username (with the same
password)  on both the machines. The error message says that OEM user is
not present in BLACKBOX

>>> ... Unable to connect to...

 Make sure that the firewalls (windows firewalls and 3rd party firewalls)
are not running on the machines. Also make sure that smpd (the MPICH2
process manager) is running on all the machines (Type "smpd -status" at
the command prompt to get the status of smpd).

Regards,
Jayesh
  _____