[mpich-discuss] failed to handshake with mpd - failed to handshake with mpd

ilke Muhtaroglu ilke.muhtaroglu at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 7 09:24:51 CDT 2008

Thanks for the reply,

Firewalls are both off.
I pass through the ssh by entering passwords and regarding the 2 bullet.
I can ping to both machines by name like "ping landa" and "ping linux-wyl9".
Below i copy pasted my /etc/hosts file. Is there anything wrong with this?
can you please detail more about the 2. issue...

ilke

------------------------
#
# hosts         This file describes a number of hostname-to-address
#               mappings for the TCP/IP subsystem.  It is mostly
#               used at boot time, when no name servers are running.
#               On small systems, this file can be used instead of a
#               "named" name server.
# Syntax:
#
# IP-Address  Full-Qualified-Hostname  Short-Hostname
#

127.0.0.1       localhost.site  localhost
192.168.2.13    linux-wyl9.site linux-wyl9
192.168.2.9     landa.site landa

# special IPv6 addresses
::1             localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback

fe00::0         ipv6-localnet

ff00::0         ipv6-mcastprefix
ff02::1         ipv6-allnodes
ff02::2         ipv6-allrouters