[mpich-discuss] SMPD, Problem launching when using -host

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 3 13:01:34 CDT 2008

 Hi,

>> mpiexec -n 1 -host roobarb master : -n 1 slave
	The command above("-host" option specified for only one
executable) works for me. What is the error message that you get (Provide
us with the snapshot of your command and the error output. It would also
help us if you provide more details - Is roobarb a remote machine ? etc) ?

>> mpiexec -localroot -n 1 roobarb master : -host roobarb -n 1 slave

	When using the "-localroot" option you should not specify the
hostname for the 1st executable. The command should be,

>> mpiexec -localroot -n 1 master : -host roobarb -n 1 slave

	You can find detailed information on the various options available
with mpiexec in the windows developer's guide (available at
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/index.php?s=
docs).

Regards,
Jayesh