[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 & Large data

Robert Kubrick robertkubrick at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 08:16:11 CDT 2008

Do you want to receive a message for which you don't know the number
of elements in the array? You can use MPI_Probe() to get the number
of elements of the incoming message and allocate a buffer large enough.

Or you could setup a two steps send/recv, where in the first step you
send the number of elements you need to deliver.