[mpich-discuss] need to compile unix code as windows exe

Manal Helal manalorama at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 00:38:57 CDT 2008

I think I can make the gcc compiler see the mpi.h by adding the -I argument
and the folder of the mpi.h and similarly the -L to the library path, this
compiled the code with no problems.

However it is not linking to libmpi or libmpi.a, giving me the following
errors:

/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot
find
 -libmpi.a
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

this happens when I use -libmpi or -libmpi.a in the gcc command

I think this has to do with the library reference name not defined to link
with, I am not sure how to solve this, google gives me general explanation
on library names,

I am not sure if I should post this in gcc or linux forums, but I hope
someone here could help,

thanks again,

Manal