[mpich-discuss] Race condition when accessing ~/.smpd during startup

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 25 09:24:02 CST 2008

 Hi,
  Please set the environment variable "SMPD_OPTION_NO_DYNAMIC_HOSTS" to 1
before starting smpd to prevent smpd from updating the dynamic_hosts in
smpd config file.
  Let us know if it works for you.

(PS: As you mentioned in your email there is a race condition when
updating dynamic hosts in the smpd config file - this is not handled
correctly in the current code base. We set the above environment variable
in our nightly tests.)

Regards,
Jayesh