[mpich-discuss] Location of the console - hardcoded /tmp

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sun Nov 23 18:06:57 CST 2008

Hi,

while developing a Tight Integration of the mpd startup method of
MPICH2 into SGE, I found that the location of the console is hard-
coded to be /tmp. Would it be an RFE to redirect it to $TMPDIR, if
it's set?

As I also set MPD_CON_EXT to get unique entries per jobnumber (on the
master node of a parallel job, slave nodes have no consoles at all in
this setup), I would also like to force the console to be in the SGE
created $TMPDIR.

-- Reuti