[mpich-discuss] closesocket failed error when running an MinGW compiled executable.

Chiraj someindianbloke at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 19:02:52 CST 2008

Hi,

I have compiled a C executable using the MPICH2 Windows libraries and
MinGW. I have tried running the executable using "mpiexec -localroot
-localonly 2 main.exe 0.xml", but I get the following error:

closesocket failed, sock 1284, error 10093

Could some please tell me what this means I am doing wrong? I have
tried searching everywhere on what this error means. I have registered
my user credentials using wmpiregister and checked if I have started
smpd as a windows service. I am running Windows Xp Professional SP3 on
an Intel Pentium 4 base system.

Chiraj