[mpich-discuss] eth0 configuration

Madhurjya P Bora madhurjyap.bora at gmail.com
Sat May 31 22:53:03 CDT 2008

Hi All!

In the frontend installation, why the installation asks for IP address
for eth0. How am I supposed to do it? Or does it have any signifacnce
for network configuration afterwards. The interface eth0 is supposed
to be connected to the local network where the frontend will later run
a DHCP server (the 10.1.1.1 network). Then why does the frontend asks
for IP through DHCP for eth0. Is it not conflicting? How am I supposed
to give this value in the installtion screen?

--- Madhurjya
Dr Madhurjya P Bora
Physics Department, Gauhati University
Guwahati 781 014, India.