[mpich-discuss] ddd to debug mpich

Manal Helal manalorama at gmail.com
Thu May 15 07:58:57 CDT 2008

Hi

I am trying to get ddd to debug mpi jobs to speed things up, gdb takes a
long time for me, and I need a free GUI debugger,

I debug with gdb using:

>mpirun -gdb  -np 4 ./myprog

I found online the ddd command to be like this:

>mpirun -dbg=ddd -np 4 ./myprog

and it says:
invalid "local" arg: -dbg=ddd

I can not find the mpirun_dbg.ddd or mpirun_dbg.gdb after the installation
and don't know if I should add them, and how and what to write in them,

I am having the following version information:
MPICH2 Version:         1.0.7
MPICH2 Release date:    Unknown, built on Thu May 15 22:00:19 EST 2008
MPICH2 Device:          ch3:sock
MPICH2 configure:       -prefix=/home/mhelal/mpich2-install
--enable-error-checking=all --enable-error-messages=all --enable-g=all
--enable-debuginfo --enable-threads=multiple --enable-sharedlibs=gcc
--with-thread-package=posix --with-namepublisher=mpd --enable-mpe
MPICH2 CC:      gcc  -g -O2
MPICH2 CXX:     c++  -g -O2
MPICH2 F77:     f95  -g -O2
MPICH2 F90:     f95  -g -O2

thank you very much for your help in advance,

Kind Regards,

Manal