[mpich-discuss] Error in running the mpi program

Rusty Lusk lusk at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 28 11:16:57 CDT 2008

That error message is from an ancient version of MPICH-1.   My guess
is that it is installed somewhere on your system and you are picking
up the mpirun from that installation from some unexpected part of
your path.   ( Do "which mpirun".) For MPICH-2 you should use the
MPI-2 standard, which is mpiexec.

Rusty Lusk