[mpich-discuss] problem with mpdboot and LDAP

daniel.a.lauer at cummins.com daniel.a.lauer at cummins.com
Tue Mar 25 10:09:01 CDT 2008

Since we switched from NIS to LDAP for authentication, I've been having
trouble with LDAP accounts trying to start an mpd ring with mpdboot, I
always get invalid port info errors:

mpdboot -n 2 -f mpd.hosts
mpdboot_xxxxxxxx (handle_mpd_output 388): from mpd on xxxxxxxxxy, invalid
port info:
stty: standard input: Invalid argument
stty: standard input: Invalid argument
55277

I can manually setup a mpd ring as described in Troubleshooting MPDs in
the appendix and I can setup an mpd ring using a non-LDAP user (root and a
testuser).  I've got ssh public/private authentication setup for
passwordless authentication so I'm not sure what happened with the switch
to LDAP that might have caused a problem.

This is mpich2 v1.0.5p4 so I'm going to install the latest and try again
but has anyone seen anything similar?

thanks in advance,
Dan Lauer
Sr. Unix Admin