[mpich-discuss] mpich-1.2.7p1 secure servers question

Achilles Vassilicos avassilicos at vortexcoreco.com
Wed Mar 19 10:40:02 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I am looking for help with understanding why the secure servers are asking
for passwords.  Here is what I get

1.	mpich-1.2.7p1 built on two RHEL 5.1 nodes using Intel compilers 10.1
 -with-device-ch_p4 -comm-shared.
2.	SSH is setup on both boxes for a particular user and it does not ask
for passwords.
3.	RSHCOMMAND=ssh
4.	machines.LINUX file is the same on both nodes
5.	The simple test command "mpirun -np 4 cpi" runs without asking for
passwords.
6.	Not running a firewall
7.	Following that, I start the secure servers with "chp4_servs
-port=1234 -arch=$ARCH"
8.	When I now run "mpirun -np 4 cpi" I get asked to enter password for
the remote node.
9.	Also "chkserv -port 1234" fails because both nodes are asking for
passwords.

What else needs to be changed so that the secure servers don't ask for
passwords?

Thanks,
Achilles