[mpich-discuss] mpif.h compilation error

trymelz trymelz trymelz at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 13:55:21 CDT 2008

Hi,

I compiled my project with VC6 and Intel FORTRAN compiler, I got the following error.

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MPICH2\INCLUDE\mpif.h(400) : Error: This is not a valid data type.   [KIND]
       INTEGER (KIND=8) MPI_DISPLACEMENT_CURRENT

Of course, my FORTRAN source code is following FORTRAN 77 standard, and KIND is apparently not part of the standard. Does anyone have any suggestions about this issue (changing my source code to f90 is not an option) ? Thanks.

Linfa