[mpich-discuss] NEED HELP WITH COMPILING PROGRAM ON CLUSTER

Muhammad Waqas bajwa bajwa1984 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 08:57:21 CST 2008

Hello every body ,
I am currenty building a cluster using OSCAR package in which mpi routine  i am using is MPICH. All the test have been passed example programs doesnt seem to compile properly. This is what i am doing right now.

Firist complie the cpi program in the examples folder which does compile (as an administrator). then try to run it with the following command
mpicc -o cpi cpi.c
mpirun -np 1 cpi

for one process it works fine but when i added more processes it wont work usual error is

bash: /opt/mpich-ch_p4-gcc-1.2.7/examples/cpi: No such file or directory
p0_22643:  p4_error: Child process exited while making connection to remote process on node2: 0
Killed by signal 2.
p0_22643: (16.986239) net_send: could not write to fd=4, errno = 32

Can any one please tell me what is wrong with my cluster also if i compile the above program on each node and then  compile it then it starts working as it finds its cpi.o file but this is not what is expected as i want to compile it as an administrator and then run it on all  7 nodes as a user. Please help me out by usr suggestions thanks for you time really appricate it .