[mpich-discuss] local directory and p4wdir

Tiago Silva tsilva at coas.oregonstate.edu
Fri Jun 20 14:14:01 CDT 2008

Hi,

When I start several binaries in paralell using mpirun, one of the
binaries (say bin 2) expects to find its input fles in my home dir (say
/mydir/) and not on the local path from where is was started
(/mydir/path/). The line of code is a standard
open(nunit,file=infile,form='unformatted'). Mpirun is called from a
shell scpript in /mydir/path/ and I have tried both with and without
-p4wdir with no success:

mpirun -p4pg appl-linux.conf ./bin1 >out
mpirun -p4pg appl-linux.conf ./bin1 -p4wdir /mydir/path/ >out

where appl-linux.conf is the proc file
comp22 0 /mydir/path/bin1
comp22 1 /mydir/path/bin2
comp22 1 /mydir/path/bin3

When I start the same code without mpirun and mpi calls it finds the
input files locally, so I am led to think that this isn't related to my
f95 compiler (Lahey 64). Also if my program bin2 makes the following
system calls

call system("cd /mydir/path/")
call system("pwd")

It prints /mydir/ instead of /mydir/path/

Short of hardwiring file paths into the code is there a way of making
the local path to the the starting path /mydir/path/?

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Tiago

Using:
mpichversion
MPICH Version:          1.2.7p1
MPICH Release date:     $Date: 2005/11/04 11:54:51$
MPICH Patches applied:  none
MPICH configure:        --prefix=/raid1/tsilva/local/mpich-1.2.7p1
--enable-sharedlib
MPICH Device:           ch_p4

Redhat ES4 2.6.9-11.ELsmp