[mpich-discuss] Errors in running example code in MPICH2 under windows

陈斯韦 playcsw1984 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 06:16:51 CDT 2008

Dear Sir ,

This is the first time I use MPICH2. I install the software and the SMPD.exe is in the process list.
But when I run the example code I meet errors as follows:

[0] Error creating mpiexec process...2[0] launchMpiexecProcess failedFatal error in MPI_Init: Other MPI error, error stack:MPIR_Init_thread(294): Initialization failedMPID_Init(82)........: channel initialization failedMPID_Init(383).......: PMI_Get_id returned 1

I tried placed the mpiexec together with the example cpde but it does no help.
Then I use wmpiexec to run the programme. But when I press the execute button . The empty command window will flash for a second and then disappeared, and now error message.

I would like to know what may cause this problem.

I read some suggestion that "  The error indicates that the path for the job launcher (mpiexec) was not found.  Please set the path for MPICH2 binaries on your system ("Control Panel" --> System --> Advanced --> "Environment Variables"  => Add MPICH2 bin to the PATH). Now open a new command prompt, try running mpiexec from command prompt (to make sure that you have the PATH set correctly) and then run your code."
And tried it but it does no help.