[mpich-discuss] Multiple MPI_Comm_spawn to a single multicore host

Roberto Fichera kernel at tekno-soft.it
Tue Jul 15 10:29:14 CDT 2008

Hi All on the list,

I'm using the MPI_Comm_spawn() to dynamically distribute the jobs in our
nodes. Everything
works fine until I use one job per node even if the target node is a
multicore/smp machine.
Whenever I start to spawn multiple jobs, as the number of cpus on the
target machine, than I
start to see crashes on the MPI application, maybe due to the mpd
shutdown caused by the first
MPI_Finalize() issued by the slave. So, does anyone know how to handle
correctly such distribution.
I'm currently using MPICH2 v1.0.7 within a Fedora 8 x86_64 OS.

Thanks in advance.
Roberto Fichera.